At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The position holder will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensure that all personnel and visitors adhere to company safety regulations and requirements on the section.
- Attend daily shift meetings.
- Ensure a proper shift hand over when going on or off shift.
- Drive 100% equipment / process availability on section during shift.
- Ensure that all production targets are met daily / monthly.
- Ensure proper standard operation of equipment on section.
- Where necessary draw samples of products, and conduct quality control tests in order to ensure that standards are met during the production process.
- Be familiar with plant startup and shut down in the relevant area of responsibility.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained in the area of operation.
- Ensure no time delay’s in production during starting and or stoppage.
- Operate the section within the set parameters and instructions.
- Ensure that all production or mechanical breakdown time is recorded correctly.
- Report all deviations in process flow to the Shift Controller and Control room operator.
- A minimum of a grade 12 certificate with credits in mathematics and/ or science.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the Plant or related field
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
- Valid drivers’ license
- Computer literacy
- Standby duties
- Working at heights
- Confined spaces
- Understanding of corrosive and toxic substances
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .