Deadline of this Job:
01 September 2021
Within Zambia , Western , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manages the operations and maintenance of telecommunication sites in the region to ensure high network availability asset in performance targets and managed services SLA. The incumbent monitors and controls the activities of the managed services partners and takes corrective action as necessary.
Problem and Incident Management
• Ensures 2nd level remote maintenance and restoration for power systems is provided.
• Ensures technical and engineering expertise is provided to Operations teams along with guidance to identify, analyses and resolve complex power problems.
Health Checks and Backups
• Coordinate the housekeeping of ALL rectifiers, generators and battery rooms and perform check-ups on power loads of the respective areas of responsibility.
• Ensure the sites are always clean.
• Provide expert-level support to all transmission and power system preventive maintenance activities.
• Conducts Acceptance and provides Support for projects activities in the Region.
• Change Maintenance Support
Monitor’s utilization of power resources and supervise change activities affecting power system capacity.
• Perform detailed analysis into negative trends and establish the underlying root cause.
• Carry out a thorough OPEX analysis and provide recommendations into areas of possible reduction.
• Prepare daily and weekly activity reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Telecommunications/Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• Member of EIZ with a valid Practicing Certificate
• Valid ERB License
• Minimum of 3years relevant technical experience in the telecommunication industry and expertise in DG and Cooling systems maintenance and troubleshooting. DC power, UPS’, Rectifiers and Solar Solutions fault handling
• Should have a proven track record of solving very complex power problems independently. The record should be in the form of a recommendation from a senior officer.
• Contractor or supplier management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.