Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Operations Director
Closes: July 20, 2021
Department/Unit: Finance / Administration
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party, Finance & Administration
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Operations Director to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The position will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the program administrative operations specifically procurement, IT, fleet management, inventory and office administration. She/he will work in close collaborations with the DCOP F&A, Finance Director, HR Manager, and regional Operations staff. This position will report to the DCOP-F&A and help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives and serve as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and assist the DCOP –F&A in providing the overall vision and technical strategic direction for the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist the DCOP-F&A with daily program management, contributing to program decision-making by providing input on operations, procurement, IT, fleet and general administrative status of the program.
• Provide technical oversight, quality accountability and management to the Operations and Admin teams by facilitating the development and execution of team objectives, expectations, goals and activities. Hold routine team meetings to review tasks, timeframes, priorities, challenges, etc.
• Provide coaching, mentoring and support to supervisees. Advocate for team members with senior management.
• Collaborate with the DCOP-F&A, and other key personnel and technical teams to ensure coherence between programmatic activities and operational provisions.
• Address contract-related issues with all vendors and sub partners, ensuring that JSH and USAID policies and regulations are being followed.
• Overseeing all project procurement; ensuring procurement is transparent and carried out in accordance with USAID regulations, JSH policies and procedures; reviewing and revising project procurement, fleet and IT SOPs as required to ensure compliance.
• Review and track the procurement plan; communicating and sharing updates with the various departments on a regular basis.
• Assist the DCOP-F&A to implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel and fraud management policies.
• Working collaboratively with the DCOP – F&A and Communications Director in the documentation of success stories, financial and programmatic quarterly, annual and other periodic reports for PEPFAR, USAID, JSH, and others. including supervision of project filing system.
• Supervise and approve program purchase orders, PRs and contracts, for the central and regional offices and supervise the maintenance of a PO and invoice trackers to ensure that all program commitments are tracked on time.
• Provide oversight for all fleet and transport related activities and ensure adequate internal systems and controls are implemented to ensure the effective management of fleet security and maintenance, fuel usage, coordination and supervision of drivers etc.
• Develop standard documentation requirements for audit in all project offices in the area of procurement, inventory and fleet. Oversees the preparation of any audits taking place through the project.
• Ensure that the monthly closeout of admin and fleet reports are completed correctly and on schedule by all admin staff.
• Oversee the management of project inventory to ensuring that all inventory listings are maintained accurately and up to date items as per USAID and JSH guidelines. Establish checks and procedures at partner sites and offices to ensure inventory records are maintained up to date.
• Supervise the management of office administration throughout the project, maintaining systems to ensure adequate tracking and monitoring of office and site rental agreements, maintenance contracts, administrative services and utilities, office stationary and supplies, etc.; ensuring that vendor billing is promptly reconciled and paid.
• To design and prepare SOPS in all departments and coordinate development of Operations Manual.
• To supervise and oversee all security and safety requirements of the project at all times and provide regular update as management
• Ensuring consistent implementation of JSH administrative policies and standards; and ensuring compliance with JSH Ethics and fraud policies, and USAID regulations.
• Supervise and mentor procurement and administrative staff
• Any other duties as assigned by the DCOP – F&A , DCOP – Technical or COP
• Bachelor’s in finance, business, procurement, economics or related field with a minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar position with senior-level responsibility for project administration and operations OR Master’s degree in business related field with over 8 years’ experience in a similar senior-level responsibility for project administration and operations.
• Experience working with USAID-funded projects required.
• Experience working with senior government officials and private sector
• Experience in logistics/supply chain management and or public health commodities management preferred.
• Ability to participate in strategy development, manage implementation of projects and work independently.
• Ability to prepare and deliver public presentations.
• Strong representational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
Supervision and Reporting: This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, Finance & Administration.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected] . In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: 20 July 2021