Maintenance and troubleshooting of telecommunication sites in the region toensure high network availability as set in performance targets and managedservices SLA. The incumbent monitors and controls the activities of the managedservices partners as assigned and takes corrective action as required.
- Problem and Incident Management
- Ensures 2nd level remotemaintenance and restoration for power systems is provided
- Ensures technical and engineeringexpertise is provided to Operations teams along with guidance to identify,analyses and resolve complex power problems
- Ensure that Guards are deployedas contracted by INFRATEL
- Health Checks and Backups
- Coordinate the housekeeping ofALL rectifiers, generators and battery rooms and perform check-ups on powerloads of the respective areas of responsibility
- Ensure the sites are always clean
- Network Support
- Provide expert-level support toall transmission and power system preventive maintenance activities
- Conducts Acceptance and providesSupport for projects activities in the Region
- Change Maintenance Support
- Monitors utilization of powerresources and supervise change activities affecting power system capacity
- Perform detailed analysis intonegative trends and establish the underlying root cause
- Cost Management/Budget
- Carry out a thorough OPEXanalysis and provide recommendations into areas of possible reduction
- Prepare daily and weekly activityreports
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Qualifications Diplomain Telecommunications/Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering orequivalent, Member ofEIZ with a valid Practicing Certificate.
Minimum of 3 years relevant technical experience in thetelecommunication industry and expertise in DG and Cooling systems maintenanceand troubleshooting. DC power, UPS’, Rectifiers and Solar Solutions faulthandling
Should have a proven track record of solving very complexpower problems. The record should be in the form of a recommendation from asenior officer.
Contractor or supplier management
Competencies required for this Role
- Has extensive technical knowledge in power engineering,power system design, implementation, and electrical works
- Good knowledge of power system diagnosis, optimization, andupgrades of telecom equipment.
- Applies broader knowledge of standards to work assignments.
- Enhances his/her technical knowledge through continuouslearning
- Fully proficient with Power Infrastructure Managementsystems
- Identifies problems/issues.
- Strength in Commissioning, installation of telecom relatedelectrical works
- Strength in quality inspection and site Audits andsupervision
- Solves non-routine problems by independently applyingjudgment to established analysis and standard approaches.
- Integrates/evaluates multiple factors to develop creativepractical solutions.
- Project Management
- Communication skills
- Able to set own priorities.
- Uses discretion to complete assignments.
- Independently applies knowledge of technical practices andspecialty area standards.
- Independently completes assignments.
- Exchanges complex technical information
- Provides guidance to others in work area breaking downinformation in a systematic/logical manner
- Cultivates good peer working relationship
To apply for this job please visit www.enchito.co.zm .