Jobs at:First Quantum
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2022
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Officer, Training (Instrumentation)
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant Requirements, Policies, Procedures and Legal Regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as Finance, Human Resources, and any other Regulations as required by the Company and relevant to the level of the role and Responsibilities of the Function.
• An individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily including:
• Designing training packages (both theory and practical) in instrumentation.
• Select appropriate training methods or activities for implementation (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes).
• Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on learners’ skills and KPIs.
• Sourcing and inviting technical experts to give short courses on specialized subjects
• Review and execute technical training in instrumentation written materials including (Lesson Plans, Procedures, Handbooks/Manuals and Standard Work Instructions).
• Review and Determine needs and competence levels of Instrumentation Technicians.
• Review and execute testing and evaluation methods used to determine needs and competence levels of all learners.
• Conduct regular hands on and classroom training with learners.
• Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design.
• Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
• Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures
• Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning;
• Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
• Monitor leaners on attachment under instrumentation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a Grade 12
• Technician or Technology Diploma in Instrumentation
• Technical Teacher Certificate / Diploma in Teaching Methodology from recognised institution.
• A minimum of 5 years Instrumentation experience in the Mining Industry
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Training and Development field preferably in a Mining environment
• Bold initiative
• Thinking safely
• Upholding quality
• Technical Skill
• Computer skills
• Management skills
• Supervisory skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now