At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role
Accepts and prioritizes computer help requests and assigns the tasks to the appropriate technicians of the staff.
- This holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures, and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment, and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- The operator should monitors the assigned tasks until they are completed and might have to assign them to Level 2 or 3 technicians or specialists if they are especially problematic or urgent. The operator must keep those who made the request and others within the organization apprised of the status of the work and any solutions that are being undertaken. After receiving the request, a help desk operator enters the work order into a tracking system, where he or she assigns it to a technician and tracks the status.
- The operator must also assign a priority level to each task to help the technicians which tasks are the most urgent. If the technician assigned to the task is unable to resolve the issue, the operator upgrades the job status to a higher priority level and has a specialist address it. As tasks are completed, this person makes any necessary notes in the computer tracking system before marking the job completed.
- Help desk operators should be able to interact with a wide variety of people within the organization they serve. For instance, they may work with a company project manager to organize the necessary assistance needed for specific projects with which the information technology (ICT) department must get involved.
- The operator must ensure that problems get solved in a timely, efficient manner while creating as little inconvenience as possible for the computer users who request help. The operator constantly works to streamline the process of solving computer issues while adhering to the operational policies and procedures the company demands.
- To perform this job, an individual needs to be able to gather the necessary data from the person making the request. He or she must also be able to analyze the reported issue and assign it to a team member best qualified to resolve the problem. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks as well.
- The desk operator must have extensive knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking to evaluate the best methods of addressing issues. Having a work history in an ICT department often gives the individual an added advantage
- A+ Certification
- Grade 12 Full School Certificate
- Minimum Certificate/Diploma in ICT
- At least 2 years experience on IT Service Desk
- Good Computer Skills and the Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems about software and hardware issues.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Initiate and achieve results,
- Dedicated team member,
- Self-driven personality,
- Strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, with an awareness of prioritization of tasks and time.
- Analyse and solve problems
- Ability to Communicate Effectively to help customers fix their issues
- Acting as a point of contact to support service users and customers reporting issues, requesting information, access, or other services.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .