At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
This role provides administrative support to the clinical occupational health specialist
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include:
- Review all work capacity certificates that recommend restricted duty before they are sent to HR.
- Update and maintain registers of visits to the clinic for musculoskeletal disorders and restricted duties.
- Provide daily feedback on restricted duties that are due for review to both the clinical occupational health specialist and to the occupational health department of Mary Begg Clinic.
- Follow up with the Mary Begg’s occupational health department and keep track of daily attendance and missed appointments of any employee on restricted duty.
- Communicate with the HR officer dedicated to OH in order to optimize rescheduling of missed appointments.
- Follow up with Mary Begg’s physiotherapy department to track the attendance of any employees on restricted duty that were advised to attend physiotherapy. Send a weekly report on this.
- Develop and maintain registers for tracking and follow up of other occupational health diseases under the guidance of the clinical occupational health specialist.
- Keep good records of all communications.
- Report back to the clinical occupational health specialist when red flags are noticed in the registers.
- Track and keep record of periodic medicals and the next review date .
- Ensuring the process for periodic xrays runs smoothly and efficiently by organizing, monitoring and keeping track of employees being taken to Mary Begg Clinic for xrays for their periodic medicals, ensuring that the xrays are done timeously and all employees return to the occupational health centre as soon as they are done.
- Development of educational pamphlets on occupational health topics under the guidance of the clinical occupational health specialist.
- Filing of reports and assessment notes.
- Assist with booking appointments for functional capacity assessments.
- Scheduling and Communication of contractor pre-employments with the contractor HR departments and developing a schedule of the daily appointments.
- All other reasonable tasks requested by the clinical occupational health specialist or management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12
- Diploma in Business Administration / Social Sciences or Equivalent (Degree will be added advantage)
- Computer literate with high proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to work and achieve results in a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player with the ability to work under intense pressure.
- Able to plan, Prioritizes, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines.
- Able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .