- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
Responsible for infrastructure compliance management, structure planning, implementation and monitoring of all related activities ensuring effective resource mobilisation and optimisation.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Management of the community infrastructure register. This will involve generation of a georeferenced infrastructure database covering education, health, agriculture, public roads, and hygiene and sanitation infrastructure.
- Conducting structural integrity and aesthetic inspections through collaboration with relevant government institutions and community leaders.
- Liaison with the government infrastructure inspectorate by scheduling inspections and adhering to inspection procedures.
- Compliance management, notifications and liaison with stakeholders.
- Scheduling and facilitating mechanical structural integrity inspections in accordance with legal provisions (e,g. Community water storage tanks).
- Stakeholder networking, relationship management and stimulating community participation in projects of public benefits.
- Material management, accounting and technical support.
- Project scheduling, contractor management and facilitating structured project meetings.
- Coordinating training programs to enhance capacity building for local contractors.
- Structured local labour mobilisation and coordination with relevant stakeholders without creating reputational risk.
- Responsible for construction and maintenance Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Facilitating acquisition of land tenure security for community infrastructure supported by the mine.
Job Specific Competencies
- ?Ability to develop and manage financial budgets as well as manage commercial and procurement systems.
- Ability to conduct field work with stakeholders and government inspectorate in a structured manner.
- Good understanding of sustainable rural livelihood performance monitoring tools with practical experience.
- Effective communication and emotional intelligence skills
- Data analysis and manipulation skills (e.g. conversant with MS Excel).
Key Job Attributes
- Self-motivated, innovative and able to develop good relations with stakeholders.
- Ability to manage field teams and community support teams.
- Understanding central, local and traditional governance systems.
- Be part of a team and able to solve problems in remote locations.
- Have a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Excellent record keeping and report writing skills.
- Ability to develop and manage activities in a structured approach and through KPIs.
- Good communication skills.
- Mentorship of subordinates and local stakeholders.
- Self supervision and illustrating the duty of care.
Experience & Qualifications required to perform in this job
- Experience in designing, interpreting building/structural drawings and basic surveying requirements.
- Preparation and review of Bill of Quantities (BOQs).
- Relevant and practical experience of at least 2 years managing in construction supervision and coordination activities.
- Practical experience in applying construction standards in Zambia and obtaining all relevant constructions permits.
- Good understanding of the cultural context within the catchment area and experience working with traditional governance systems.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Building Science, Construction Engineering or related fields.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Valid driving license with adequate driving competence.