Nursing Standards Officer
Jobs at:Mopani Copper Mines
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nursing Standards Officer
Mopani Copper Mines Plc has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders- an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company seeks the services of Nursing Standards Officer x 1
The successful candidate will ensure that quality Nursing Care Services are provided professionally, effectively and economically to all patients and other clients using well researched nursing standards and best practices.
The responsibilities, skills and knowledge of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
• Research, develop, implement and maintain effective and efficient systems related to the provision of and professional evidence-based nursing care practice in the company hospitals and all clinics.
• Develop and establish departmental goals, objectives and strategies in line with the business agenda
• Ensure timely development of ward work plans through continuous assessments.
• Ensure and uphold the face of the institution through acceptable and positive attitudes from the nurses
• Supervise and coordinate nursing care services with a view to improving the quality of delivery of service.
• Ensure labour optimization and distribution to improve on efficiency of service.
• Prepare comprehensive periodical and annual reports with relevant analysis
• Interpret and implement effective policies, regulations and procedures in order to ensure compliance with set standards.
• Ensure that all areas of nursing have performed heath assessments and have developed specialized treatment plans
• Management of patient environment (hotel experience, infection prevention, control and health and safety)
• Make focused presentations to staff for Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
• Develop mentorship programs and research culture among nursing staff
• Ensure that budget planning is in line with established health services and enhance revenue generation.
Qualification and Experience
• A minimum Grade 12 Certificate with 5 “O” Levels
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, a master’s degree in the same field will be an added advantage.
• 5 Years of post-graduation experience
• Basic knowledge of Advanced Nursing Care and planning skills.
• Should be computer literate with basic knowledge of statistics, presentation, tutoring and research
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy – aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application in either soft or hard copy not later than 13 May 2022 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal address below:
Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower
Mopani Copper Mines Plc
PO Box 22000 Kitwe
Email: [email protected]
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only short listed applicants will be responded to.