Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Strategic Information (SI) Manager
Deadline of this Job:
09 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The M&E and SI Manager will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. They will lead Activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the geographic area of Activity, which may include overseeing support to health facilities and community support organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their integrated health services and activities and ensure data quality. They will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and provide technical support to improve the routine health information system that reports on program performance.
The position is contingent upon funding.
• Direct the SI team in all Monitoring and evaluation activities of programme performance
• Train, mentor and coach’s subordinates
• Development of products, processes and procedures to meet business requirements and oversee implementation
• Represent the Business at National forums and meetings
• Oversee and finalise all result focused reports/assessments/surveys/presentations for use at National forums, TWG, USAID, PEPFAR or any internal or external meeting as required
• Use knowledge of PEPFAR rules, regulations and compliance requirements to lead SI team
• Provide technical and advisory services around programme data
• Focus on medium term strategies involving complex analytical tasks
• Need to coordinate multiple parallel pathways to achieving overall goals
• Influences and contribute to the development of a Business strategy for all Zambia-funded programmes
• Support the annual Operational and tactical planning process
• Manage department costs against approved budget
• Responsible for accurately forecasting/ projecting programme results
• Responsible for Data storage and retrieval for audit purposes
• Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for existing data sources
• Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis
• Analyzing large complex datasets. Use modern data science tools, techniques, and best practices including data cleaning, statistical analysis to summarise and visualise data.
• Help identify and create performance insights.
• Essential qualifications
• A Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. Note that substantial relevant experience can be substituted for some of the educational background.
• Experience & Skills
• Minimum of 8 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data-intensive, performance-based programs, preferably of a program funded by PEPFAR;
• Demonstrated leadership experience in managing a strategic information technical team.
• Demonstrated experience to identify needs for and design and implement evaluations and assessments to further program performance;
• Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy-to-understand formats including visualizations;
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Zambia’s health information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as they relate to data collection for performance-based reporting on the program.
• Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources;
• Experience in leading and managing a technical team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork; and
Personal Qualities & Behavioural Competencies
• Committed to high standards and continuous improvement
• Good influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels
• Confident and comfortable to challenge senior stakeholder thinking
• Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with conflicting priorities and tight timelines
• Ability to speak and present proposals with conviction
• Resourceful, creative and innovative approach to work
• Collaborative nature of working across different teams
• Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work
• Good negotiation skills with the ability to navigate and relate at all levels
• Be solution focused
• Ability to build rapport and credibility with stakeholders
• Winning, Enabling and Delivery of Projects
• Opportunity Development, Capture Management, Proposal Development, Organized, Disciplined, Analytical
• People Leadership/Self Leadership
• Selections, Development, Delegation, Example, Self-Confidence, Independently responsible, Curiosity, Change Management
• Strategic and Holistic Decision Making
• Governance and legal awareness, Financial acumen, Risk management, Strategic perspective
• Relationship Management
• Institutional Representations, Taking the long view, Building common ground, Mutual respect, Responsiveness, Standing for the other, Engagement
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th June, 2022.