- Company: CIHEB (Center for International Health, Education and Bio-security)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Choma District Position 1
The Centre for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (CIHEB-Zambia) -Community Lead Monitoring (CLM) grant in partnership with the Government of the Republic of Zambia, PEPFAR and community based organizations is implementing Community Treatment Observatory Model (CTO). The project will conduct continuous collection of prospective quantitative and qualitative data to gather client perspectives on the quality of HIV care provided at select health facilities in Southern Province. The project will target People receiving HIV services, including priority and key populations in Southern Province.The Monitoring and Evaluation officer will report to the Provincial Strategic Information Officer and Provincial Coordinator. He/She will support the project in monitoring and evaluation of the project indicators for priority and Key populations.
- Work closely with the data collectors to ensure the collection of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and as required.
- Ensure that data review meetings are conducted on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure timely collection of all reports and data entry of data collected.
- Have a clear understanding of all M&E data collection tools and the HMIS currently in use.
- Conduct data quality activities and prepare data quality reports.
- Mentor the data collectors on the data collection and entry procedures on the reporting tools being used for data capture.
- Respond to/resolve all questions /problems from technical staff, data collectors and facility health staff and communicate any pertinent issues to superiors.
- Respond to validations of the collected data and provide feedback accordingly.
- Act as a liaison between the Community Based Organizations and the provincial hub office.
- Provide supportive supervision to CBO staff to improve the quality of data collected by data collectors.
- Ensure timely data entry processes to enable data to be readily available and facilitate for informed decisions.
- Coordinate and oversee all program reporting activities in the focus districts.
- Troubleshoot data quality issues in all community programs and facilities.
- Train and mentor data supervisors and data collectors.
- Build capacity of district and provincial health information management personnel.
- Coordinate weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance dashboard review and program reporting activities in the focus districts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Demography, Public Health or Health Informatics or related fields with experience in PEPFAR M&E/SI reporting system
- Familiarity and proficiency in DHIS2 –Tracker & Event programs, eLMIS, SmartCare or other patient electronic medical records management solution
- At least 2 years’ experience in M&E within similar donor funded programs
- Experience with Microsoft, Excel, Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in data management
- Experience working in a community HIV prevention, ART Linkage programs, TB programs.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.