OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
OPENING DATE: February 15, 2021
CLOSING DATE: March 5, 2021
WORK HOURS : Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY RANGE: FSN 10 – (ZMK 437,165.01 p.a. – ZMK 686,526.47 p.a.) The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Zambia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor in the Chinsali USAID/Zambia Health Office.
This USAID Project Development Specialist (Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor) position is in the newly created Provincial Office. The M&E Advisor will provide high quality and sustained technical assistance to the Provincial Office Team and support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities that meet the needs of USAID/Zambia’s performance monitoring and results reporting under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEFPAR), and any other health programs under the Global Health Initiative (GHI).
A. Education: Master’s degree in Public Health, Social and Economic Development, Public Administration, International Health, or other relevant field of study required.
B. Prior Work Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience working in strategic information and/or monitoring and evaluation of a public health or developmental program that includes the application of accounting, statistical methods or mean proficiency is required. Additional experience in implementing and maintaining health data information systems to support and evaluate health-related program activities is also required.
C. Post Entry Training: Post entry training will include technical and programmatic training as well as coverage of PEPFAR and USAID established policies, procedures and regulations that govern specific activity management, including monitoring and program assessment/evaluation. Necessary post-entry training will be provided on-site or at regionally based facilities.
D. Language Proficiency: Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) written and oral English proficiency is required. Candidate must have the ability to present information, analysis, and recommendations in clear written and oral formats.
E. Job Knowledge: A thorough knowledge of M&E systems development and operation; sound knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment in sub-Saharan Africa; and a good understanding of African social, cultural, and political contexts is required.
F. Skills and Abilities:
- 1) Demonstrated ability and experience in the conceptualization, design, management, and performance monitoring of complex development programs.
- 2) Excellent interpersonal skills, required to establish and maintain a wide range of working-level contacts with Health programs in government, non-governmental, and private-sector circles.
- 3) Demonstrated ability to work effectively within team and interagency environments.
- 4) Management and analytical skills to strategize, develop and implement effective USAID-supported Health programs.
- 5) Financial management and administrative skills to track the performance of implementing partners.
- 6) Ability to interpret, apply, and explain program policy, guidelines, regulatory directives, and related guidance.
- 7) Ability to organize and present information and to draft clear, concise documents.
- 8) Excellent computer skills, including ease in using database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications.
To apply for this job please visit http://www.usaid.gov .