Njovu Zambia, an NGO working in Zambia for the last 10 years, is looking for an intern, that would help the organization to coordinate setting up of a mental health project based in Kanyama first-level hospital and attached clinics, with the possibility of replicating the project at other first-level hospitals. The project focuses on the provision of mental health care in the townships with the highest occurrence of mental disorders, mostly among youths.
- experience with organizational work
- high organizational and communicational skills
- ability to represent the organization at high profile meetings
- basic understanding of mental health and the consequences of lack of mental health care in the townships
- ability to work independently
- ability to produce basic reports, letters, concept notes
- organize project activities to move the project forward
- organize and attend meetings with the stakeholders and follow up on their progress
- handle project documentation such as letters, reports and so on
- keep constant contact with all the stakeholders
- conduct any activities necessary for setting up of the project
- the position is a full internship position, is voluntary and doesn’t provide any salary or allowance
- the intern has a right for his expenses which will be discussed individually
- the intern will work under close supervision of the programmes manager and will have the opportunity to discuss all the steps with him
- the project runs under the cooperation of Kanyama first level hospital and Clinic 6 of UTH. The intern will be able to get work recommendation from these institution.
- In case of UNZA psychology students the internship can be recognized as an official internship under the study programme based on individual agreement.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to this email below: