Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the underlisted positions.
Location- Chipata Central Hospital and Lundazi District Hospital
To provide comprehensive and sustainable HIV Prevention, care, and treatment services in support sites to support HIV epidemic control in the Eastern Province of the Republic of Zambia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- HIV Case Identification
- Undertakes directly or indirectly (through trained Counselors), to provide quality and cost-effective HIV Testing Services focusing on Provider Initiated Testing & Counseling (PITC) using prescribed screening tools, and Index Testing Services – Partner Notification Services (PNS) and Screened Biological Children.
2) HIV Treatment Services
- o Ensures that all newly diagnosed HIV Positive clients are initiated on appropriate treatment on the same day.
- o Undertakes to ensure that all patients current on treatment receive quality HIV care and treatment services in accordance with latest nationally and internally approved guidelines and protocols.
- o Undertakes to implement approved new medical approaches in the treatment of HIV positive patients including TLD Transitioning and Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) models in the facility.
- o Retention in HIV Care Undertakes to obtain/print/generate a list of patients current on treatment who are due for drug pick up, clinical visit, and viral load testing on daily basis.
- o Ensures that all patients due for drug pick up, clinical visit, and viral load testing who did not show up are contacted/followed up on daily basis.
- o Ensures that all patients defaulting treatment are actively followed up, their status determined, and brought back into care.
3) Viral Suppression
- o Ensures that all patients due for Viral Load Testing have their test done.
- o Ensures that all eligible patients with VL tests done and results received, have their results documented in the patient files.
- o Ensures that all patients on treatment for more than 6 months with a high viral load are put and completes Enhanced Adherence Counseling (EAC).
4) HIV Prevention Services
- Undertakes to implement approved HIV prevention strategies/activities at site level (PMTCT, VMMC, PrEP, and other preventions).
5) Data Management and use
- Undertakes to ensure that all primary data collection tools (patient charts, registers, tally sheets) are appropriately completed.
- Undertakes to compile and submit all required reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) timely.
- Ensures that HIV service delivery data is compiled, aggregated, analyzed and used for decision making at the site.
6) Capacity building
- o Undertakes to build the capacity (through mentorship & TA) of health and community workers in the provision of quality, effective, and efficient HIV prevention, treatment, and care services in the facility.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send:
The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address:
PO BOX 510023,
Hospital Road, Chipata attaching the following credentials:
1. A formal application letter or cover letter;
2. A current CV;
3. Photocopies of all professional certificates and degrees; and
4. Contact information for at least three professional references.
To apply for this job email your details