- Oversee and manage all maintenance and repair activities associated with Packing Plant Equipment.
- Ensure completion of mechanical maintenance jobs with the highest level of quality, safety and effectiveness at minimum cost to maximize equipment availability.
- Embrace preventive and predictive maintenance practices, and contribute to their improvement.
- Manage and motivate his team, ensure co-ordination and co-operation between his and other departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor maintenance activities for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements respecting budget, policies and deadlines are followed.
- Coordinate the maintenance of various types of equipment’s Packers, Vibrating screens, Bucket elevator, Auto loaders, Bulk loading machines, Air slides, Utility, Packing plant and Workshop Maintenance in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Optimize maintenance operations, using best available tools and procedures in order to maximize equipment availability.
- Ensure upon completion of repairs, that equipment is in good operating condition, ready to meet operational requirements, fully inspected, tested, clean and safe.
- Take adequate actions when mechanical incidents occur.
- Ensure adequate spare parts are ordered, make available for all types of maintenance.
- Oversee technical staffs in the performance of their duties and provide expertise as required.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Prepare weekly/monthly maintenance reports for the attention of the Head, Mechanical Maintenance and enter in SAP by PM Work order.
- Update the latest technical improvements to team members and train them wherever required.
- Ensure the availability of spares for all types of maintenance and intend as required.
- Brief DOR’s and encourage JSA assessment prior to starting work.
- Ensure proper day- to- day scheduling of works and necessary resources. Assign and review work to perform with the craftsmen.
- Participate in the 3 year investment plan.
- Manage his team, define the missions and objectives, carry out their performance reviews, promote the quality of the work, motivate his personnel, facilitate communication and relationships (regular department meetings, reports to the hierarchy).
- Ensure on-going skills enhancement of his team’s employees, helping the development and implementation of training plans. Coach his team’s employees.
- Keep himself informed of general plant practices so as to ensure “on-call” duty.
- Monitor the time requirements for each job and the optimal manpower and skills necessary for executing jobs.
- Respond to emergency repair needs.
- Ensure safe storage and disposal of replaced spares.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Mechanical Maintenance from time to time.
Education and Work Experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Engineering degree specialized in Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in maintenance in the cement and manufacturing industry.
- A Member of EIZ
- Proven skills managing people (at least two years as in a senior role in the mechanical department).
- In-depth understanding of Cement Plant systems and interactions among systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Ability to develop a strong work force, with imparting on the job training
- Valid Silicosis Certificate
- Medical Insurance Cover
- In-House Pension Scheme
- Quarterly Production Bonus
- Life Assurance
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com .