At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To safely Carry out Rigging operation in the smelter according to the prescribed standards.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Must have basic knowledge on aligning, levelling and anchoring machinery
- Must have basic knowledge on how to attach loads to rigging gear, to support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
- Must have an idea on how to attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, and pole beams using bolts and clamps
- Must be able to Dismantle and store lifting equipment after use
- Must have basic knowledge on fabrication, setting up, and repairing rigging hoists and pulling gear using hand and tools..
- Must be able to give rigging signals to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
- Must have basic knowledge to test rigging gear and equipment to ensure safety and reliability
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Certificate in Rigging
- Candidate should have minimum 2 years’ experience in a rigging related field
- Bolder, Smarter & Driven initiative
- Thinking safety at all times
- Upholding quality- Right First Time
- Technical Skill
- Planning skills
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Cost saving (ie- minimise unnecessary overtime & reducing wastage)
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust / heat/ gas fumes
- Planning and preparation
- Willingness to work shifts occasionally- if necessary
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .