At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Roles
To ensure that maintenance and repair works on the plant are done in conformity with statutory requirement and guiding labour force towards achieving company set targets without undue delays.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Perform all plant maintenance tasks in a safe, timely and to a high quality and preventing any rework.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of your co-workers.
- Be accurate, methodical, practical and safety-conscious when installing and maintaining mechanical equipment.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as per OEM Standard and work order completion.
- Keep equipment available preventive maintenance such as; Knelsons, Falcons, overhaul of pumps, Vibratory Screens, Exciters, gearboxes, Pipe work ,pinion shafts and chain hoists.
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner.
- Repair and service all plant equipment products within the established standards.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by cleaning up before, during and after every task.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults with equipment through observation.
- Have the ability to take care of available hand tools.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required.
- Ensure that all completed work orders are closed out with accurate time confirmations
- Be able to work overtime if the need arises.
- Be able to adhere to the safety requirements of the task.
- Ensure that all tools, plant and equipment are kept in good condition, meet required safety standards and are available for use when required.
- Be able to understand basic legal responsibilities.
- Other Duties as Directed by the Supervisor or Senior Supervisor
- Computer skills. MS word, Excel, Outlook express.
- Craft certificate in mechanical fitting.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
The candidate must have experience of working in a fixed plant, particularly on :
- Atlas Copco Air compressors
- Air Blowers
- Centrifugal pumps
- Grundfos pumps
- Flyght pumps
- Netzch pumps
- Chain Hoists
- Acid Pumping Systems
- Pressure Vessels
- Must have the ability to liaise and negotiate at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must have the ability to operate under pressure in demanding situations
- Must have the ability to stay focussed, calm and professional at all times.
- Must have the ability to take on, organize and complete multiple tasks
- Must have Excellent oral/ written communication
- Must be highly disciplined
- Must be safety conscious
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .