- Company: ChildFund International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
To provide Technical leadership and oversight in strategy development, program and project design, implementation and support monitoring and evaluation as it relates to the technical area. The Job of a technical Specialist will require efficiency in all health-related fields and will serve as a Country Office Advisory resource for the conceptualization, proposal development, support the acquisition and quality implementation of programs. The Technical Health Specialist has technical expertise in primary health care, reproductive health care, nutrition, communicable diseases, early Childhood care, health system strengthening, research and evaluation. He/She is expected to support, design as well as in execution of programs.
ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
Support building of capacity and strengthening capabilities or skills of relevant staff in various functions through mentoring, training, knowledge/information exchange, experience sharing and technical expertise.
- Cultivate partnerships for new resources; promote networking, collaboration and engagement with relevant platforms & processes within the country office program initiatives
- Significant knowledge of health trends and developments to improve service to all health-related projects and issues.
- Support focus on new core program areas and life stage program strategies through working very closely with the Project Managers and local partner staff in a team approach providing relevant, timely and effective support as required.
- Support the intelligence gathering, positioning of COs, through national level technical networks.
- Review and provide technical input on internal and external reports and other documents as needed.
- Applies significant knowledge of health trends and developments to improve service to all health-related projects and issues.
- Ensure quality of health programs being implemented by the Country Office adhere to the ChildFund standards.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to measure and improve the quality of health care services
- Ensure the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned from health programs
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to develop sector specific strategic plans
- Contribute to the development in the Health sector to access additional technical resources as needed.
- Ensure sharing state of the art evidence of health interventions and best practices and share best practices within and outside the organization
- Review and provide technical input on proposals.
- Support and facilitate intra-government convening with Ministry of Health to establish guidelines, review data systems, and oversee adherence to eHealth strategies and standards
- Develop and review program strategies
- Act as the focal point for all health-related issues of any project.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in project, proposal design and proposal development
- Demonstrated experience in international development programs.
- Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships and working with diverse cultures and audiences and sensitive situations and subject matter.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language (i.e. Bemba, Tonga, Luvale, Lozi, Nyanja) added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in serving as a technical specialist in a multi-cultural work environment focusing on program development and management.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent administrative, communications, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to represent and interact with donors, government officials, international organizations and NGO representatives.
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, communication and report writing skills.
- Computer proficiency in general office software (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Grade Twelve Certificate
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Science, or any other Related Field.
- At least 7 years working experience in a development sector or public health sector in a senior technical or management position.