Job Title: Manager Portfolio Health & Recoveries
Department: Zambia Customer Finance
Report line: Head of Customer Finance, Zambia
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About ENGIE BU Africa ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Customer Finance Team plays a pivotal role in ensuring the overall success of our largely unbanked customers in completing their loans and getting continued access to clean, reliable energy. The team works cross-functionally with our commercial, customer experience, product development and operations on the ground to ensure that we provide all customers with successful responsible onboarding and offer constant support through adequate monitoring and interventions all the way through the lifetime of our customers’ loans.
The Manager Portfolio Health & Recoveries is responsible and accountable for credit risk management for new and existing customers. The role will be responsible for the repayment behavior of all customers, managing the collections of outstanding loan repayments, recover payments on written off loans and minimizing the Portfolio at Risk to remain within the business risk appetite.
Credit Risk Management
- Inform the development of policies, procedures and guidelines governing collection activity.
- Develop, implement, and ensure adequate collections performance KPIs are in place and actively tracked to facilitate performance management of the portfolio
- Manage collections of outstanding loan repayments from customers and achieve collection target to ensure quality loan portfolio
- Achieve assigned recovery targets to contribute to organization’s financial performance.
- Develop, implement, and track bounce back strategies for written off accounts
- Contact delinquent clients and implement repayment schedules and terms.
- Monitor the PAR and contact rate of overdue customers
- Manage the repossessions strategy and work towards given target recoveries for the Refurbishment
- Overseeing bottom-line metrics, including detailed strategic analysis, forecasting, and account placement.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a skip tracing strategy for non-contactable customers
- Assesses internal and external causes for portfolio deteriorations
- Monitors and reviews KPIs
- Communicate on a regular basis with Management & Customer Finance Central Team to ensure alignment and have support for country strategies
- Coordination and Performance Monitoring of Recovery & Call Centre Team
- Develop quality, easy to track methodologies for monitoring Collections Calls
- Holding periodical meetings to track performances
- Participates in the recruitment of new staff and training of existing staff.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
– Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
– Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
– Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
– Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
– Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Required Skills & Experience
- University Degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a Banking, Microfinance or Paygo Business
- Experience in Credit Risk Management is an added advantage
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication & negotiation skills.
- Leadership, management, organizational and people management skills.
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Exceptional judgement, problem-solving skills, and ability to “Think Big & Make it Happen” both independently and collaboratively
- Deep empathy for the customer and commitment to inclusivity, consumer protection, & responsible financial services within the context of creating a profitable, scalable enterprise
- Excitement about ENGIE’s mission and a deep desire to make an impact on off-grid and financially underserved customers in sub-Saharan Africa
- Proficiency in one or more languages spoken by our customers is a big plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using data analysis tools e.g. Excel, SQL, Python/R etc. To analyze processes/ performance and make suggestions & improvements is a big plus
- Being tech-savy is a must
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io .