This is a senior role that will be reporting to the Director-Health Insurance Services and will be responsible for ensuring the registration and retention of members onto the scheme, through employers. Further, it will be responsible for the optimal collection of contributions from registered members and manage key employer accounts within their portfolio through deliberate enhancement of the NHIMA Value proposition.
• To review, design and implement various policies and procedures for the registration and collection of contribution;
• To ensure registration of citizens and established residents to the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) as per Authority targets under a portfolio of employees.
• To ensure optimal collection of contributions into the NHIS.
• To ensure and manage all contribution returns are made with payment of contributions into the scheme.
• To ensure timely reconciliations of returns and contributions made to the bank statement.
• To manage lapse rates on the NHIS book and ensure they are within the Authority’s stipulated limits.
• To ensure detailed segmentation of the labour force for portfolio registrations through a Portfolio Management principle.
• To resolve all queries from members and employers in line with regards registration and other service delivery matters.
• Effectively supervise staff and manage other non-human resources in order to meet the unit’s goals and targets.; and
• To perform any other role as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better including Mathematics and English Language;
• First Degree in economics, banking & finance, Accounting, Business and other related fields.
Competencies required for this Role
• At least 7 years of experience in a similar role in an insurance or social security or banking industry;
• Good understanding of claims and benefits processes and controls, including relationships management models;
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Good appreciation of MS Office applications;
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent analytical skills; and
• A valid driving licence
To apply for this job please visit careers.nhima.co.zm .