Tracking Code10297Job Description
*This is a PATH’s Internal (Employee Only) opportunity*
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a consortium of partners in the implementation of the recently awarded USAID End Malaria Program (EMP). This is a 5-year Cooperative Agreement. In partnership with Jhpiego and the Zambia Centre for Communication Programs (ZCCP), guided by the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan and in collaboration with the End Malaria Council (EMC), the End Malaria Program (EMP) will build on the PATH learning and momentum achieved as lead for PMI’s Program for Advancement of Malaria Outcomes (PAMO). In line with PMI’s strategy, the EMP will assist the GRZ to accelerate progress toward its goal of eliminating local malaria infection and disease in Zambia by achieving high levels of effective coverage with high-quality malaria control interventions, leading to major reductions in malaria prevalence, incidence, severe disease, and death in four focal high-burden provinces: Luapula, Northern, Muchinga, and Eastern.
PATH seeks to recruit a Malaria Case Management who will provide technical support to the districts to ensure delivery of high quality accessible malaria services at both facility and community level. The program officer will form part of a team which will operate in the pre-elimination focus districts in eastern Province based in Katete District and will report directly to the Provincial Pre-Elimination Coordinator.
The Case Management Officer will focus on case management and will provide direct support to the focus District Health Offices (DHOs) and work closely with the district malaria elimination officers in the implementation of the malaria program. The implementation of the activities will result in strengthened case management at facility level and maximum coverage of community case management, including passive and active case detection.
- Work in close collaboration with the provincial and district health offices to scale up and implement outreach training and supportive supervision (OTSS) using the electronic data system (EDS) for all health facilities in the targeted area
- Conduct trainings and provide regular capacity building in malaria case management, OTSS and EDS, including malaria in pregnancy.
- Provide EDS technical support to DHO staff during OTSS rounds
- Work with a web-based server to keep information updated
- Support training of Community Health Workers in integrated community case management and enhanced surveillance
- Work with DHO and facility staff to actively use case management data to guide program implementation.
- Work with EMP SBC Officer to ensure that EMP subcontracted civil society organizations implement activities to encourage early care-seeking behavior
- Work with other PMI implementing partners, DHO and health facilities to ensure adequate stocks of malaria commodities are maintained in the targeted districts.
- Support the Pre-elimination Coordinator in producing regular work plans and reports.
- Work with PATH finance and administrative staff to develop training budgets, manage workshop logistics and ensure activities comply with PATH accounting practices.
- Participate in district malaria data review and malaria clinical meetings for districts, health facilities and community health workers
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Pre-elimination coordinator.
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Nursing or Medical Licentiate
- A postgraduate qualification in Public Health is an added advantage.
- At least five (05) years field experience implementing public health programs with a minimum of three (03) years implementing malaria prevention and treatment programs.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia/ Nursing Council of Zambia and with a valid practicing license.
- S/he must have an in-depth knowledge of malaria and the public health system in Zambia.
- Work closely with other program officers to establish and strengthen the elimination agenda
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Word or comparable professional software package—specific competence in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and working knowledge of Excel.
- Good written and oral communications skills in English required.
- Fluency in local languages of Eastern province is an added advantage.
- Public speaking ability, good presentation skills and ability to facilitate training is highly desired.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% of the time.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
KATETE, Eastern, Zambia
Zambia, Eastern Province
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com .