- Company: Lumwana Mining Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of a Low Voltage Technician.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will improve the reliability and availability of equipment by building assessing and continuously improving the equipment availability. Identify, develop and implement improvement initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness of field maintenance and operations processes. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Carrying out daily, weekly physical inspections of control & field instrumentation machinery and equipment. These include Actuators Measurement Devices, etc
- Recording findings on checklists and provide accurate feedback as per Maintenance Matrix and work requirements. Also feeding into Updating procedures and methods to reduce downtime & improved equipment/device performance & Reliability.
- Assessing and evaluating equipment faults, whilst utilizing RCA (5-Why) methodology investigates equipment/device errors, malfunctioning, trips and failures, & recommending improvements for instrumentation installations.
- Tune and optimize control loops to achieve optimum functionality when required to do so.
- Provide resources and create a working environment that encourages personnel to actively contribute to safety, health and environmental affairs by managing risk in compliance with company objectives, policies, procedures, safe work practices, and relevant regulations.
Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma or Craft Certificate in Control systems, electronics, or Field Instrumentation or equivalent.
- 3 years’ post qualification structured competence building program in instrumentation.
- Knowledge in Field instrumentation, maintenance tool set, engineering computer station
- Knowledge of auto electrical installation on heavy mining equipment, calibration standards and techniques.
- Able to use instrumentation/engineering drawings, specifications, standards and equipment manual applicable to installing, maintaining and fault finding on instrumentation equipment and process controls.
- Proficiency in installation, maintenance and calibration of electric Actuators, pressure, level, flow and temperature measurement and control equipment.
- Ability to apply appropriate methodical faulty finding and diagnostic techniques to different equipment and control systems that include field instrumentation, analysers, pneumatic systems, electronics systems, electrical systems.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .