- Company: Chemonics International Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
General Summary and Background The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
With 100+ staff across eight offices around the country, this diverse and complex program sets out to strengthen capacity of GRZ to develop sustainable systems that ensure availability and security of vital and essential health commodities through (1) increased data availability and use for informed supply chain decision making, (2) improved quantification procurement planning and coordination processes, (3) provision of cost-effective, reliable international and local procurement services, (4) improved efficiency in warehousing and distribution by the central medical store, and (5) increased strategic planning and governance by Ministry of Health (MOH) for improved commodity security. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Position Title : Logistics Strengthening Specialist – Capacity Building (1 Position)
Reporting : Logistics Strengthening Program Manager – Capacity Building
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Logistics Systems Strengthening Specialist – Capacity Building will collaborate with a team of technical staff to meet project objective focused on improving logistics information systems to avail critical data for informed supply chain management. The incumbent will also ensure capacity building interventions are built and work through field teams to build capacity of GRZ staff. Additionally, he/she will work with higher learning institutions and professional bodies like Pharmaceutical Society of Zambia (PSZ), Biomedical Sciences Society of Zambia (BMSZ), and Nursing and Midwifery Council of Zambia to Strengthen the institutionalization of pre-service supply chain management in biomedical, nursing, and pharmacy schools to reduce in-service training.
- Work with a team of technical staff to meet project objective focused on improving logistics information systems to avail critical data for informed supply chain management;
- Develop capacity building interventions and work through field teams to build capacity of GRZ staff who supervise facility commodity management and data reporting activities;
- Design and roll out innovations to increase reporting rates, improve data quality at all levels of supply chain activity in country, and increase access to information on stock status country-wide;
- Coordinate with management to further integrate commodity management and logistics systems operations into curriculum;
- Implement project efforts to build capacity of Ministry of Health (MOH) staff at facilities in proper implementation of various logistics systems;
- Support management to identify opportunities for streamlining data management and reporting in support of USAID objective to increase data availability for supply chain decision making;
- Facilitating supply chain management and training of trainers’ workshops and other performance improvement interventions;
- Develop and design learning material, coordinate, and review training content, and incorporate current technology in developing specific eLearning Supply Chain Management curricula.
- Support the deployment of training programs including uploading and updating courseware and curricula, training assignments, participants notification text and rules in Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Utilize knowledge of Learning Management Systems capabilities to recommend delivery strategies that yield a rich, meaningful, and dynamic end-user experience.
- Run demos of the system and provide training to individuals and users groups.
- Screen and ensure that participants are registered for Training events and performs reconciliation function with learning institution office as needed in case of pre service.
- Coordinate and conduct the webinars using Go-To-Meeting, Blue Jeans or similar programs and upload recordings into LMS.
- Lend expertise in the technical aspects of eLearning to internal PSM departments, as requested.
- Ensure all contract deliverables met within areas of logistics strengthening;
- Execute team annual work plans and budgets based on project resources available and intended annual and life of project targets set according to GRZ and USG priorities;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with supervisor of record.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field in training, adult education, and/or multimedia training materials is required; Master’s or other advanced degree a plus; Master’s or other advanced degree a plus;
- Minimum four years of experience working in supply chain management, international project management, or capacity building required;
- Experience with a Learning Management System as a developer or administrator. Experience with HTML and audio and video editing software preferred;
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with all staff, especially with IT and Technical Staff;
- Ability to relate well to a wide range of personalities within and outside the organisation;
- Ability to solve technical problems independently or in teams. Has a good team spirit and positive attitude. Enjoys a varied pace of working and copes well under pressure;
- Thorough knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required; experience working on USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred;
- Strong leadership and motivational ability;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of assignment : Lusaka