AAR Japan is an international NGO that reaches out to the most vulnerable populations around the globe, guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
Founded in 1979, we have been working towards achieving a world where all people, as unique and diverse human beings, can coexist with human dignity and in harmony.
In the 20 years since the opening of our office in Meheba Refugee Settlement in today’s Kalumbila District, AAR Japan supported refugees, mainly from Angola, in various areas such as health, education and agriculture until the majority of them repatriated in 2004.
In 2017 we relaunched Meheba operation to provide assistance to former Angolan refugees and Zambian households in the designated Local Integration area. After 2 years of supporting the former refugees and Zambian residents in community building through water and sanitation management, we extended our support in the area of livelihood/ agriculture from 2019.
We aim to enable the residents to implement efficient livelihood activities by providing agricultural inputs, assisting them to grow high-demand crops and expanding market channels through joint transport of produce.
- Provide technical advice on livelihood activities to beneficiaries of the project as well as to other staff members of AAR Japan Meheba Office.
- Conduct research on the livelihood activities in the local integration area and submit written reports to Chief Field Coordinator, Programme Coordinator and Head of Office.
- Submit concept paper and budget for a workshop concerning livelihood activities to Chief Field Coordinator.
- Coordinate / facilitate workshops for concerning livelihood activities.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate and share updated information on time with Field Coordinators, Chief Field Coordinator, Programme Coordinator and Head of Office when at project sites.
- Plan activities daily, weekly, monthly and annually for smooth project implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Field Coordinator, Programme Coordinator and Head of Office.
- Completed grade 12 (relevant diploma will be an added advantage)
- Have minimum of 5 years work experience in agriculture programmes
- Experience in conducting capacity building trainings concerning livelihood activities
- Have extensive knowledge on agricultural input and cultivation of high-demand crop/vegetables
- Good community participatory skills
- Must possess proven ability to create good working relationships with partners, donors, NGO’S and relevant line Ministries
- Excellent planning, monitoring and evaluation of information
- Must be computer literate
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- Knowledge of local languages spoken in Meheba resettlement area will be an added advantage
- Able to commute every day(Mon- Fri) to the office in Block D in Meheba refugee settlement
Interested Candidate must submit the following:
- Application letter,
- Two (2) recommendation letters with referees’ contact details
- CV with applicant’s contact details
- Photocopy of ID (either of National Registration Card, Passport or Alien Card)
- Educational/Professional certificates
- Other relevant certificates
Candidate may submit hard copy to the following;
AAR Japan office at Former MSF Compound, Road 36, Block D, Meheba Refugee Settlement
Or send soft copy to the email below:
Any application after the due date or incomplete applications shall not be considered. Application with any single document lacking shall be STRICTLY EXCLUDED from further selection process.
Please note that only successful candidate will be contacted. The interview shall take place either in Meheba refugee settlement or Solwezi and AAR Japan shall not cover any cost related to the interview such as transportation, accommodation or per diem.