The Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU) has the following job opportunity.
2. Job Purpose:
To be responsible for running the Library at LAMU Campus in order to provide required access to reading materials and/or information resources and support to Library users (readers).
3. Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Usher readers into the library and assist them to settle in appropriate places.
- Carry out the cataloguing and classification of new books to enable the users to access them easily.
- Lend out books and other literature in a regulated fashion so that the books are able to circulate to all readers.
- Conduct user needs analysis and assist superior with the procurement of required books to meet such needs
- Assist readers in locating required books on the shelves.
- Carry out shelf reading aimed at ensuring that all books are in right places. Also shelf all the books which have been left on the tables by readers.
- Undertake digitalization of reading materials ie converting materials from hard copies to soft copies.
- Participate in stock taking to ensure that all books and other literature in the library are accounted for.
- Participate in the Preparation an annual budget for the library and submitting to the Chief Librarian.
- Participate in the development of programmes to promote library and information resources and services.
- Participate in the Promotion of the use of information and communications technologies (ICT) relevant to the library.
- Participate in the Training of students and lecturers in the effective use of information and communication technologies used in the library.
4. Professional Qualifications:
- 5 ‘0’ levels with at least credits in Mathematics and English.
- Bachelors Degree in LIS or Equivalent.
- Familiar with Library Management Systems.
- A minimum of three (2) years’ experience in a busy library.
5. Additional Skills:
- Computer literate in word, Excel, power point, etc.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified and experienced persons may send or deliver their applications stating three traceable referees in one document including cover letter, CV, copies of academic & professional certificates.
The Deputy Registrar Human Resources,
Lusaka Apex Medical University,
Kasama Road, Chalala,
PO Box 31909,