Jobs at:Rwanda Zambia HIV Research Group
Deadline of this Job:
24 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CFHRZ is looking for a lab scientist to work in the Ndola laboratory. The primary responsibilities for this position include:
• Perform DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and gel electrophoresis runs.
• Perform serological, ELISPOTs, and ELISA assays, molecular and any other applicable tests as per protocol study visit schedule.
• Perform chemical and microscopic urinalysis, and urine pregnancy tests
• Perform sample collection (blood and body fluids) per the protocol visit schedule.
• Label specimen containers according to protocol/study specifications
• Transfer of specimens and receive specimens/samples in the laboratory while maintaining appropriate chain of custody documentation.
• Process serum, plasma, buffy coats, white cell pellets, DNA, RNA, PBMCs, endocervical/vaginal swabs, nasal/nasopharyngeal swabs, saliva, urine, and other relevant specimens for testing and storage
• Record all relevant information in the Laboratory Information Management System.
• Prepare, label, use and store reagents according to specifications and study protocols. Perform validations for new assays and draft validation reports.
• Perform quality control checks of assays and escalate failures to the laboratory QA manager and the laboratory manager.
• Perform quality control checks of the logbooks/results when required by lab management and perform data entry of logbooks in collaboration with data staff when applicable
• Ensure patient’s/study participant’s confidentiality is always maintained
• The ideal qualifications for this role are listed below:
• Must have Laboratory Science or Biomedical Science Degree from a reputable university.
• Must have the ability to learn new procedures and follow standard operating procedures whilst adhering to Good Clinical Laboratory Practices.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to understand and handle complex testing.
• HPCZ registration will be an added advantage.
• A background working in GCLP compliant research laboratories will be an added advantage. The successful applicant will still undergo GCLP training at the site.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply, send an email to [email protected] with the following:
1. Cover letter
2. CV with traceable references
3. Academic qualifications
4. Relevant Certifications
All of the documents above should be combined into a single PDF file. In the subject line of the email you should include the reference code (NDL-LABAPR22) for this advert. Short-listed applicants should expect a written and practical examination.
The deadline for application submission is midnight of 24 May 2022.