Knowledge Management and Learning Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University . For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org .
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
Knowledge Management and Learning Advisor
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MERL) Director
Positions supervised: None
Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) Advisor will be accountable for developing and implementing FHN’s KML strategy required to meet the project needs using industry standard KM practices and tools. The position will collaborate with MOH counterparts to strengthen MOH’s KML systems. The KML Advisor will coordinate closely with digital health and information technology staff to establish virtual platforms for knowledge sharing and collaboration between FHN province teams while consolidating and storing required, supporting documents.
• Create and implement FHN’s KM strategy and coordinate with MERL Director to develop FHN learning and operations research plan.
• Create and monitor KM standards measuring FHN performance in implementing the KM strategy while providing leadership to Provincial TA Leads to meet FHN KML standards.
• Establish virtual platforms to accommodate knowledge sharing and collaboration between FHN staff across all four provinces and Lusaka.
• Provide guidance to MOH’s KM team to introduce best practices to promote knowledge sharing including sharing RMNCAH&N CoC Program successes.
• Convene routine KML events with RMNCAH&N CoC Program, MOH, USAID, and other implementing partners.
• Support the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MERL) Director in preparation of annual workplans and required reports.
• Support MERL Director to create and populate standardized performance dashboards to inform decision-making and make program improvements.
• Create and update FHN communication materials including project briefs, strategy briefs, and TA approaches.
• Maintain filing system for FHN reports.
• Advanced degree in organizational development, communications, public health, or related field
• 8 – 9 years of experience and proven track record of designing and implementing a successful KM system in an international organization
• Able to coordinate, partner with, and building consensus among a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
• Up-to-date knowledge of communications and KM technologies and standards and an understanding of the constraints and benefits of different technologies
• Experience in building capacity among peers for developing knowledge-sharing products and leading knowledge-sharing activities
• Familiarity with the international public health sphere, donor organizations, and public health issues
• Ability to work in complex environments with competing priorities, and short deadlines
• Results-oriented, strategic thinker, and driven to innovate
• Demonstrated experience in strategic leadership to foster and institutionalize KM and learning systems to improve performance and close knowledge gaps
• Experience in knowledge capture, organization, synthesis, effective dissemination, and re-use to meet the needs of a wide variety of stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality control over KM and learning systems including online platforms and learning approaches
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English
• Strong change management and decision-making skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected] .
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30th July, 2021 .