Junior Software Developer/Tester
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JSH-Z seeks a dynamic candidate for the position of Junior Software Developer / Tester to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will follow and implement the software development process and contribute to the enhancement of the eLMIS. S/he will work closely with the Senior Software Tester / Developer to ensure compliance with general testing and programming best practices. The Junior Software Developer / Tester will report to the Lead Software Developer and help in achieving project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Execute full lifecycle software development.
• Write well designed, documented, testable, efficient code.
• Review specifications and determine operational feasibility.
• Develop enhancements, test, and maintain the electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS) including related interfaces with other existing systems.
• Use JSH-Z’s web-based bug tracking systems to log bugs, enhancements and to update bug resolution status.
• Develop and/or review technical user manuals, guides, job aids and training manuals
• Comply with general agile testing and programming best practices as well as the principles for digital design
• Design and execute test plans and test cases on the eSCMIS suite (eLMIS Facility Edition, Central Edition, Hub and District Modules) and related interfaces
• Detect software failures through testing so that defects may be discovered and corrected
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Software Developer and other senior staff.
• Implement and adhere to JSH-Z’s personnel and fraud management policies
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field and / or equivalent experience
• Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
• Ability to develop software in C++, Java or other modern selected languages
• Knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL), ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate), and MyBatis
• Experience in developing web applications using popular web frameworks such as Spring MVC
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience with agile software testing methodologies
• Experience working with web-based agile issue tracking software e.g. JIRA
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written English
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment but self-managing of own time
Ability to travel in-country to support technical activities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]