Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets (ITNs) and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Abt Associates seeks an experienced professional to provide support to the planning and implementation of VectorLink’s ITN Continuous Distribution (CD) activities in Zambia. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the ITN CD Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the NMEP on continuous/routine distribution activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the NMEP to set up the Zambian Continuous Distribution Working Group/sub-committee and ensure this meetings occur.
- Assist the NMEP to carryout school-based distribution training in 4 districts.
- Assist the NMEP to plan and implement a Continuous Distribution Assessment which will enable continuous distribution stakeholders to assess the existing continuous distribution channels in Zambia and to provide recommendations for improving or expanding them where appropriate.
- Assist the NMEP in the review of the Zambian current CD Guidelines and the implementation of the CD Workshop in order to update the guidelines
- Organize participation of Zambia’s CDWG on Alliance for Malaria Prevention (AMP) CDWG calls, AMP weekly calls when appropriate and RBM Annual Meetings to highlight and showcase the work being done, successes achieved, and lessons learned for other countries
- Other activities as determined by the PMI VectorLink Project (e.g., provide facilitatory support to start-up activities of the VectorLink Misuse Assessment and Durability Monitoring activities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Health Sciences or relevant field.
- 8-10 years of relevant professional experience, including significant experience (6-8 years) in ITN or other malaria program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience managing ITN activities under donor-funded projects is essential, experience with malaria prevention programs preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational, reporting, and management skills.
- Proven track record collaborating with and supporting National Malaria Control/Elimination Program counterparts to achieve objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, including national, provincial and district government counterparts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Prior experience working with USAID/PMI highly preferred.
- Ability and to travel throughout the target districts frequently.
- Fluency in English.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com .