About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About The Role
The Project Specialist will help shape operations strategy to create noticeable and lasting impact for smallholder farmers while increasing program sustainability. The main responsibilities of this position are to help design and coordinate multiple field operations and innovation projects. Projects may relate to market access, carbon financing, marketing, farmer enrollment (sales), and credit collection. Reporting to both the Innovations and Field Operations departments, the specialist will work with the field operations team (100+ staff) which facilitates weekly execution of our program in the field, and the innovations team which develops and tests changes to the program model.
- Design interventions and trials such as market access and carbon financing that are scalable, efficient, and impactful
- Implement parts of the Zambia core program such as enrollment (sales), input delivery, farmer training, and credit collection
- Plan and execute projects while tracking costs and reconciling budgets
- Measure and report on progress, and work with heads of departments to prioritize projects and resources.
- Take on projects that involve spending time in the field.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of experience in either project management, or monitoring & evaluation
- Bachelor’s in any discipline with a preference for agriculture or statistics.
- Fluency in Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) or Google Sheet
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and work under little supervision.
- Language: English required and any local language
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Zambia
15 June 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply for this job please visit oneacrefund.org .