Impact Monitoring Officer – Re-advertised
Jobs at:BIOCARBON PARTNERS
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PRIORITIES THAT WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH
Functions / Key Results Expected:
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Ensures the implementation of impact monitoring and reporting policies and strategies.
2. Ensure effective support of the implementation of evaluation plan.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of impact monitoring and reporting.
1. Ensures the implementation of impact monitoring and reporting policies and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of regular update and input in monitoring of project activities, to assess overall project implementation with respect to project objectives, outputs and indicators;
• Provision of effective troubleshooting, suggestion for corrective measures to be undertaken, and make arrangements of technical assistance to implementing partners based on results of monitoring, where necessary
• Timely reporting arrangements are in place and being implemented to ensure that the reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
• Timely collection of information and drafting of ‘human interest stories’ of persons impacted by the projects
• Provision of guidance to implementing partners and serves as focal point for IM in line with BCP’s monitoring and reporting policies, procedures and practices;
• Analysis of data related to the projects at the national, provincial and district levels;
• High-quality data presentations, data maps, statistical spreadsheets for internal and external consumption: government, other agencies, etc.
• Effective showcase to external stakeholders on progress made and impacts delivered
2. Ensures effective support of the implementation of evaluation plan, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of input on the needs for evaluation based on donor agreements
• Analysis based on data collection for the evaluation process as necessary and requested by independent evaluators;
• Coordination with the project team and the stakeholders to ensure smooth conduct of the evaluation;
• Provision of high-quality data and strategic inputs for improving the existing IM systems.
• Timely implementation of evaluation recommendations
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of impact monitoring and reporting, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Effective support to project staff in identification, documentation, synthesis of lessons learned and best practices to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts
• Contribution to the implementation of Evaluation Knowledge Management and Learning Strategy
• Established system and updated documentation of research reports, studies and evaluations are maintained. This includes the collection and documentation of relevant reports from government research bodies, national and international agencies, etc.
• Facilitation and participation in results-oriented impact monitoring and evaluation training efforts.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall performance REDD+ and success in implementation of project strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information provides the most effective showcase to external stakeholders on progress made and impacts delivered.
• Utilize Collaborative, Learning and Adapting Approaches to continually assess BCP’s projects progress and inform project management to assist with decision-making.
• Assist with the standardization of the Impact Monitoring Manual – IM V2 data collection methodologies across BCP’s divisions.
• Ensure and maintain database integrity and quality.
• Train BCP staff and project stakeholders in data collection and reporting methods and maintain the standards required.
• Keep track of BCP’s projects and quantify beneficiaries accurately and in a well-maintained projects database.
• Conduct periodic field missions to community project sites to participate in program activities and interact with program partners and beneficiaries and gather feedback.
• Draft scopes of work and design tools for both internal and external periodic Impact Monitoring surveys.
• Oversee biannual Social Monitoring surveys.
• Ensure the overall quality and relevance of the BCP’s Impact Monitoring program.
• Periodically participate in external REDD+ or general conservation events related to Impact Monitoring.
ALLIANCE BUILDERS WANTED
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
• Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
• Preparing information for advocacy
• Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating BCP’s mandate
• Results-Based Project Development and Management
• Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
• Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
• Researches linkages across project activities to identify critical points of integration
• Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
• Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
• Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
• Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
• Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors
• Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
• Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
• Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
• Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
• Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
• Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
• Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
• Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Self-development, initiative-taking
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
• Creating synergies through self-control
• Managing conflict
• Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
• Informed and transparent decision making
• Masters degree in Economics, Business/ Public Administration, International Relations, Political Science, or other relevant fields of study would be desirable.
• A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Minimum 2 years for candidate with Master Degree or 6 years for candidate with Bachelor Degree of progressive experience in project management, research, surveys and data collection, analysis, interpretation and management.
• Knowledge of HTML, PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) and MYSQL to maintain IM V2 website
• Experience of PostgreSQL, Metabase, LibreOffice and ODK Aggregate
• Experience with data collection using Open Data Kit (ODK), management, analysis, and report writing.
• Knowledge of SMART Connect and SMART Mobile will be an advantage
• Fluency (both oral and written) in English.
• Familiarity with REDD+ development projects would be desirable.
• Familiarity with the use of R and/or Python in data cleaning, analysis and visualization will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of and experience in supporting administration of REDD+, environment or forestry project will be highly desirable.
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Full time availability is essential.
• Up-to-date computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
• Experience in handling of web-based management systems would be advantageous.
• Basic front-end web design skills would be advantageous.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Effective communication with internal and external audiences.
WHAT YOU’LL TELL YOUR CONTACTS
BCP is one of the leading REDD+ project development social enterprises in Africa. BCP’s mission is making conservation of wildlife habitat valuable to people. BCP runs two REDD+ projects in Zambia: The Lower Zambezi REDD+ Project and the Luangwa Community Forests Project. The Luangwa project is Africa’s largest REDD+ project by hectarage. The Lower Zambezi REDD+ Project is the world’s only 7 times VCS-verified and triple gold CCB verified REDD+ project. As the 5th highest scoring B Corp in the world, BCP benefits 225,000 people across 13 Chiefdoms. Our moonshot is to help conserve 10 million hectares of wildlife strongholds by 2030 reducing 10 million tons of carbon emissions annually.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus training and travel opportunities for work, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team.
Candidates interested in joining an innovative, fast-paced, and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things supporting livelihoods programs, please send a CV, a cover letter, and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to [email protected] with Impact Monitoring Officer in the subject line. Please ensure your cover email stands out. Please also send 3 reference contacts.
Applications accepted from 6th October 2021 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]