Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Immunization Specialist
Job no: 544575
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Children deserve the best and we never give up.
For every child, Health
The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country's children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
To find out more about UNICEF's work in Zambia, please visit https://www.unicef.org/zambia/.
How can you make a difference?
Take this opportunity to join the vibrant Health Team working under Health Specialist (Health Systems Strengthening), the Immunization (EPI) Specialist is accountable for professional leadership in and contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Immunization programme in conjunction with Child Survival and Development, Maternal and Child Health, Health and Nutrition components within the country programme, to achieve the UNICEF's immunization plus goals and objectives for the country.
Accountable for ensuring the UNICEF Immunization programme promotes gender equality, with an emphasis on gender disaggregation, gender disparity identification and gender mainstreaming.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
• Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management.
• Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong technical leadership.
• Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
• Technical support is provided to government and NGOs at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
• The capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization Programme.
• UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector.
• Effective partnership and collaboration achieved and maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, programme coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
• The most relevant and strategic information is provided to support the Immunization Programme by the effective implementation of the monitoring system.
• All required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
• Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination is provided.
Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively performed.
Detailed Terms of Reference can be viewed here JD - Immunisation Specialist, NO3,FT, Post # 117321.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have;
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
• Five years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health/Immunization programmes.
• Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to child survival & health care.
• Field work experience (for NO)
• Background/familiarity with Emergency is an asset.
• Fluency in English is required.
For every Child, we serve you
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies required in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are...
• Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
• Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
• Works Collaboratively with others (2)
• Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
• Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
• Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
• Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
• Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
Functional Competencies (Required)
• Persuading and Influencing [ 2]
• Applying technical Knowledge [ 2]
• Planning and organization [ 2]
View our competency framework here; Competency Framework - 2020.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline: 27 Sep 2021 South Africa Standard Time
Click here to Apply Now