Human Resources Officer
Jobs at:Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA)
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Young Women’s Christian Association seeks to employ a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of part Time Human Resources Officer. The Officer will manage the day to day running of the HR activities and contribute to the accomplishment of good HR practices in the organization.
1. Review the Association’s existing Human Resource Policies and recommend improvements if any to Personnel Committee through the Executive Director
2. Get the HR policies of the organisation attested by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security.
3. Develop a simplified filling system of Personnel records.
4. Support the full employee cycle of recruitment, induction and exit. Place adverts for recruitment, contact shortlisted candidates, arrange interviews and conduct background checks.
5. Updating and reconciling all staff records i.e. Leave, Medical, Gratuity, NAPSA, NIHMA and Workmen ‘s Compensation.
6. Assist employees with benefit claims.
7. Guide and orient staff on filling of Time sheets.
8. Review and sign off staff Time sheets
Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management.
2. Minimum of three years work experience in HR preferably in an NGO and good knowledge of HR practices and standards
3. Good Knowledge of employment laws ,regulations ,policies ,principles and practices
4. Good understanding of local labour laws especially the Employment Act of 2019.
5. Experience in using MS office Packages
6. Skills in data Base management and Record Keeping
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Member of ZIHRM.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 50015,
Or Email your application letter to [email protected]