Human Resources Officer
Jobs at:International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment opportunities, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. For more information, please visit www.iita.org .
IITA is seeking to employ the services of fully qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill up the following positions at its Lusaka Station:
Human Resources Officer – REF NO: SARAH/HRO/03/21
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Hub Administrator of the Southern Africa Hub, the Human Resources Officer will be assisting in implementing a sound human resources support system for IITA’s programs and projects in Zambia following the Institute’s standard operating procedures.
IITA is a member of the CGIAR Consortium
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the oversight of HR unit – Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS)
• Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counselling, pay and contract conditions, succession planning, moral and motivation, culture and attitude development, performance appraisal and quality management issues)
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development and internal processes.
• Monitor, measure and report on NRS HR issues, opportunities, development plans and achievement within agreed formats and timescales to the Regional Hub Administrator.
• Liaise with other functional / departmental head to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of latest HR development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to the Regional Hub Administrator.
• Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in co-operation with the Regional Hub Administrator.
• Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirement for quality management, health and safety, legal requirement, environmental policies and general duty of care.
• Audit and authenticate all documents related to legal, salary statements and distribution, policies etc.
• Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management (HR) or related fields, master’s degree will be added advantage.
• Associate member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM).
• At least five (5) years relevant managerial working experience in HR is essential.
• Working experience in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams and environments desirable.
• Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills; display maturity and interpersonal skills, be patient and have high stress tolerance.
• Proficiency in the use of computers, quick at analyzing HR issues, proffering quality solution and be able to handle confidential issues.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum vitae and covering letter as One Document by email to [email protected] no later than 27th July 2021 . The applications should be addressed to the Regional Hub Administrator.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted