Human Resources Director
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
G4S Zambia seeks to appoint a Human Resources Director who will be part of the Executive Management Team and will be involved in the development and implementation of the business strategy for Zambia.
The successful candidate will have to create and deliver a HR strategy that is aligned with the strategic priorities and is consistent with the Regional standards.
• Develops and implements a comprehensive HR corporate plan which takes appropriate account of people and organisational matters which may affect sustainable performance.
• Monitors the external employment and labour market environment, networking and influencing as appropriate to support the business strategy and the G4S brand.
• Ensures compliance with local employment laws and relevant industry regulations.
• Leads and develops the HR team
Organisation and culture
• Regularly review structures and ways of working within the business, consulting and engaging
• employees as required, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of efficiency and effectiveness.
• Be a value champion for the G4S values, leading by example.
• Ensures whistleblowing or ethical matters are thoroughly investigated, that appropriate action is taken related to specific cases and that the organisation learns from issues and themes arising
• Implements plans to position G4S as an attractive employer for targeted labour markets by promoting a positive employer brand.
• Establishes the business unit’s screening policy and manages screening processes to ensure
• adherence to regulatory or customer requirements as well as G4S policy.
Learning and development
• Takes a lead in planning effective employee Induction and On the Job training.
• Oversees the effectiveness of performance management policies and processes for employees at
• all levels, personally handling matters related to senior management where appropriate
• Establishes talent processes and succession plans to build the capability required to deliver the
• business strategy.
Employee Relations function
• Champions employee engagement.
• Fosters a fair and inclusive workplace.
• Implements internal communication plans which support achievement of the longer term business plan as well as delivery of short term results.
Administration and Employee Benefits
• Ensures jobs are fairly and accurately graded in line with G4S grading structure.
• Reviews and sets competitive pay and benefits, in line with job grade and local market.
• Implements programmes which reward and recognise achievements and behaviour in line with values.
Health and safety
• Supports the Managing Director and works closely with the H&S specialist to develop and
• implement plans which continually improve Health & Safety performance in the business.
• Oversees the operation of the business unit’s H&S management system to effectively manage risk
• and reduce incidents.
• Ensures employees at all levels are familiar with their responsibilities for H&S.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human resources or management
• Post Graduate Qualification in HRM
• 7+ years’ of professional HR experience, ideally from a services oriented business, with a combination of corporate and business unit line experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.