Hu man Resources and Administration Assistant
The Human Resource and Administration Assistant will support the Human Resource Office in the management of day-to-day Human Resources (HR) operations. The position will also be responsible for coordinating and managing administrative and logistical support to the project, provide support in several functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, payroll, and training & development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the HR team in multiple areas (e.g. HRIS, benefits, recruiting, payroll) to include interview scheduling, payroll administration, orientation coordination, data tracking, routine, and response to standard employee inquiries.
- Assist to maintain employee files.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for employees with questions related to their personal employee information. Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, medical insurance.
- Responsible for maintaining leave records and updating the Leave Tracking Tool for all staff, including liaising with the Payroll to ensure all leave taken is updated and captured on timesheets.
- Responsible for coordinating documentation for new employee orientation, including HR checklist, and all HR related Policy & Procedures.
- Maintain employee register and ensure updates for new hires and/or terminations are made on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update personnel information for all staff including updating employee dependents’ information.
- Liaise with the medical insurance provider on membership processing issues for staff and ensure the accuracy of the information on the same.
- Assist HRO, in recruitment efforts specifically in the preparation of documentation for interviews, making interview calls, and coordinating recruitment outcomes e.g. recruitment summary reports, feedback to interviews, and carrying out reference checks.
- Assist the Director of Operations to coordinate and provide effective administrative, logistical, and secretarial support services for the Operations department.
- Take a leading role in organizing and coordinating the effective administrative functioning of the ZAMPHIA secretariat.
- Implement general office procedures and guidelines to ensure the smooth operation of the office work and related systems.
- Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure management decisions and directives are properly carried out for the timely delivery of products.
- Ensure that all personnel identifiable information is correctly, securely stored, and that records are updated.
- Regularly schedule for office maintenance of office facilities and equipment.
- Ensure the safekeeping of all office facilities and equipment.
- Acts as liaison officer between ZAMPHIA secretariat and CSO/ ZAMSTATS administration team to manage all utility and housekeeping rules.
- Acts as liaison between service providers to fulfill all contractual obligations monthly.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- Diploma in Business Administration, Diploma in Human Resource Management, or Diploma in Public Administration.
- 3 -5 years of experience in a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, excellent communication skills, and strong computer aptitude in Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is required.
- Prior experience working within an NGO environment is a plus.
- Must be registered with the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com .