Job Title: Human Resources (HR)/Administration Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director Operations
John Snow Health Zambia (JSH-Z) with support from USAID through the eSCMIS Project will continue assisting the Government of the Republic of Zambia in the rollout of a next-generation electronic supply chain management information system (eSCMIS). The eSCMIS Project aims to increase the use of health services, decrease disease burden and increase quality of life through ensuring appropriate quantities and quality of health commodities are available at health facilities to meet patient demands. Continuing the rollout of and provision of technical support to the existing eLMIS will enable a seamless transition from the activities being done under predecessor projects. Establishing public private partnerships to promote sustainability and eSCMIS transition to the government are key objectives in Zambia during this 5-year project plan. The eSCMIS Project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
The HR / Admin Manager will provide oversight for the general administrative and HR functioning. The HR / Admin Manager will provide support to the day-to-day HR operations/activities for JSI employees as well as provide oversight to the Administrative team. The HR/Admin Manager will report to the Director Operations and help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate recruitments & placement – (i.e. reference checks, interviews, coordinating related payments, employment agreements & offer letters, preparation of notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.)
- Maintain accurate and updated personal files (hard/soft copies), leave records and send updates to H/Q quarterly.
- Coordinate various employee relation initiatives – i.e. orientation, annual performance assessments, exit interviews, etc.
- Staff welfare/Benefits administration – (processing death grants/benefits, education & uniform allowances, GLA & GAP claims
- Coordinate immigration activities for expatriate project staff – i.e. processing of employment/study permits and other related documents.
- Ensure that visas, residential permits, and other legal requirements of expatriate staff and consultants are handled appropriately
- Coordinate consultant recruitments, draft consultant contracts and ensure that contracts are signed by both parties.
- Develop and implement an HR program in the areas of recruitment, benefits and welfare administration, employee relations, policies & procedures.
- Keep abreast of any changes in local laws and regulations having an impact on HR policy and incorporate such changes into the personnel manual as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by other senior staff.
- Responsible for outlining staff roles and responsibilities, prepare work schedules, assign specific tasks and monitor all staff under direct supervision and provide guidance, coaching, mentorship and support to the team;
- Provide direct supervision to Receptionist and Lead Administrative Assistances, including development of individual roles and responsibilities, definition of tasks, development and documentation of professional development plans, and conducting performance appraisals with supervisees.
- Oversee the office cleaning and outside maintenance contract
- Ensure the safety and security of the office premises.
- Develop and oversee implementation and administration of department policies, systems, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure that the inventory log of all assets is kept current.
- Provide support to the lead administrative assistants in fleet/logistics management and assist in the planning and coordination of transport. S/he will also provide support through the lead administrative assistants to the administrative assistants to ensure an efficient schedule for vehicle support for project staff is maintained
- Through the lead administrative assistants, ensure a regular maintenance schedule for all vehicles.
- Coordinate all logistical support for consultants, including hotel accommodations, transport, desk setup, and IT support
- Coordinate all lease agreements for the Project, and ensure their approval or termination
- Implement and adhere to JSH-Z’s personnel and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COP, DCOP and DO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, management, business or public administration, or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of administrative and HR experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to take initiative and work in teams
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management ( ZIHRM )
- Good working knowledge of local employment laws, policy interpretation, & benefit administration.
- Experience having maintained HR and Administrative files
- Self-guided and able to perform with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel required
- Previous experience with office management & managing people (managing front line supervisors)
- Team player
Supervision and Reporting:
The HR / Admin Manager Implementation will work under the guidance and supervision of the Director Operations.
Mode of Application:
Apply online using this link .
Closing Date: 16 May, 2021
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com .