Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University . For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org .
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
HMIS Advisor (4)
Location : Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga and Southern Province
Reports to : Provincial Technical Assistant Lead
Positions supervised : None
Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Advisor will be accountable for implementing FHN’s strategy to improve MOH’s collection, analysis and use of data for decision making. The Advisor will establish and foster productive working relationships with MOH counterparts at district levels.
- Lead FHN’s HMIS-focused TA in assigned province guiding planning, budgeting, scheduling, and implementing activities under medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF) and/or RMNCAH&N CoC program.
- Coordinate FHN’s expansion of community-HMIS and decentralized DHIS2 data entry.
- Establish and foster productive working relationships with MOH counterparts at provincial and district health offices.
- Liaise with FHN’s Behavior Integration Advisor to identify barriers of community reporting and design interventions to improve the practice.
- Coordinate with provincial MEL Officer and DHIOs to prepare monthly dashboards for use in routine reviews and provincial and district integrated meetings.
- Conduct routine mentorship and coaching sessions (virtual and/or in person) with District Health Information Officers (DHIO) to improve quality of collection, analysis, and use of data.
- Provide TA to DHIO when conducting routine data quality assessments,
- Coordinate with USAID Evidence 4 Health province or district-based staff to align FHNs HMIS activities.
- Advanced degree in public health or related field
- 7 – 8 years’ experience in data management, design and use.
- Understanding of Zambia’ public health system and knowledge of RMNCAH&N indicators and data requirements
- Demonstrated familiarity with HMIS and DHIS2
- Strong knowledge of RMNCAH&N monitoring and evaluation terminology
- Strong communication, coaching and mentorship background
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and sound use of judgement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, setting and executing work schedule.
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30 th July, 2021.