HEMM Workshop Maintenance Supervisor
Jobs at:Dangote Cement Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
12 September 2021
Within Zambia , Copperbelt , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Workshop HEMM Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that equipment’s are in safe operating condition by conducting routine maintenance and scheduling needed repairs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Candidate must be a qualified mechanic with proven experience in working with various mobile equipment;
• Supervise, coordinate and schedule the maintenance of all equipment to ensure identification and elimination of equipment breakdowns;
• Perform routine check on raising equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications;
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment;
• Managing a team of Technicians to ensure the entire fleet of Wheel mounted mobile equipment are in a good working condition and are available for use at all times;
• Ensure all maintenance tasks are carried out as per OEM recommendation and company set out change out procedures;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Section Head, HEMM Maintenance from time to time;
• Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the workshop; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance engineers and technicians;
• Provide training, development and leadership to workshop maintenance personnel to ensure career progression of subordinate staff;
• Establish and maintain a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of mobile plant equipment;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Mine Operation.
Education and Work Experience
• Full Grade Twelve Certificate or its equivalent.
• A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a busy workshop
• Proven working experience in a Large Manufacturing or Mining operation.
• Excellent understanding of Logistics and Transport and OEM mobile equipment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suits/SAP applications.
• Possesses knowledge of repair and maintenance of equipment.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good networking and teaming skills.
• Good data gathering and analysis skills.
• Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
• Creativity and an ability to think out of the box
• Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
• Company maintained housing.
• Health Insurance cover and associated family members.
• Quarterly paid production bonus depending on performance
• Cost of living allowance.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.