Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Immunisation Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on COVID-19 public health emergencies (PHEs) responses;
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on the introduction and rollout of COVID-19 vaccination exercise;
- Compile and provide updated data and information on the coverage, continuity, and equity of key/tracer indicators for COVID-19 vaccination roll-out and essential routine immunisation (RI) service continuity;
- Maintain and coordinate inventory of COVID-19 vaccines and supplies;
- Draft sections of donor, annual and other COVID-19 PHEs responses, Covid-19 vaccine roll-out and essential RMNCAH especially RI services continuity response project documentations;
- Support compilation of monthly/weekly reports of COVID-19 response related activities and progress;
- Participate in Technical Working Groups (TWGs) and stakeholder meetings for COVID-19 vaccination roll-out and RI service continuity;
- Analyse collected data and information, prepare progress reports and draft changes in COVID-19 response programme work plans on improving coverage, continuity and equity.
Required degree level
Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Medicine, Public Health, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child, and Adolescent Health ( RMNCAH), immunization and public health emergencies (PHEs) programming;
- Experience in planning and monitoring the impact of emergencies in a humanitarian context, continuity of essential health services, including programme planning, capacity building, procurement, and supply chain management for health in a developing country context;
- Experience and or exposure in health sector programming;
- Understanding of the concept of equity and coverage in the health system would be an asset;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Other health related experience
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
Prerequisites This assignment is funded by the Government of Japan, therefore only nationals from Japan are eligible to apply. Please note that if you have previously served as a UN Volunteer under Japan Trust Fund, you are not eligible to apply. This is a UN Volunteer assignment and eligible candidates must be 25 years of age or older. Selection process Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment, via competency-based interviews held via skype or telephone. How to apply Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’. You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile. Application deadline: 16 September 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .