Health, Safety, Security and Environment Manager
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Healthy, Safety, Security and Environment Manager will perform routine and administrative, technical, and professional work in analyzing and administering various components of the environmental, health and safety programs. Prepare health and safety strategies and developing internal policy. In Conjunction with the HR Department play a leading role in in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Maintain environmental, health and safety policies and programs in line with group standards
• Plan and promote safety programs.
• Work with the regional environmental, health and safety advisory committees to promote and provide safety expertise.
• Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented the office and filling stations
• Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
• Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
• Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
• Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
• Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for Senior Management
• Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all coordinate and conduct work area assessment, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions, such as noise exposure, chemical exposure, indoor air quality, light levels, confined space, and ventilation in paint booths.
• Administer the fire prevention program for employees, including building/site evacuation procedures.
• Administer the annual fire extinguisher maintenance program and the annual sprinkler system inspection and test program.
Skills and Attributes
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Communications skills
• Ability to work independently
• Good Leadership Skills
• Quality Management Assurance
• Good Interpersonal Skills
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Safety Management, Engineering Science or related disciplines
• Must have at least a minimum of 7 years’ experience in HSSE Management.
• Must have worked for a Mining or Oil/Petroleum in the same capacity
• Demonstrate Experience in Quality Management and Assurance
• Must have good knowledge of Local Environmental, Health & Safety Laws
• Ability to maintain and ensure the confidential nature of the Health and Safety Section and Human Resources Department office and records.
• Must be a member of a relevant professional body
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and copy in [email protected]
Note that , all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage