Health & Safety Administrator
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
03 August 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
General Role Purpose
• To administer, plan, organise and coordinate environmental, health and safety activities as well as advise management on safety related issues and consequently develop/coordinate environmental and safety policies and procedures.
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Data capture, analysis and circulation of the daily safety report to all employee.
• Educate staff and management on how to prevent and avoid accidents by holding training sessions.
• Advise management and maintain records with regard to safety regulations, standards and best practices.
• Coordinate all aspects of injury and illness reporting, including OSHA recordkeeping.
• Observe and analyse workforce performance with regard to safety and recommend specific measures, changes in procedures or amendments to safety program.
• Facilitate, arrange and conduct safety and environmental related training and safety orientation.
• Assist in the development, implementation and on-going review of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Job Specific Competencies
• Clear understanding of workers' compensation laws and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) requirements.
Key Job Attributes
• Ability to analyse information, solve problems, prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
• Must be alert and assertive
• Safety conscious is a must
• Able to work independently or as part of a team
• Discretion and respect for confidentiality and privacy
• Integrity and honesty
• Motivated to progress career further within the safety professional field
Experience Required to Perform in this Job
The Safety Systems Administrator will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
• At least 3 years’ experience in a related field.
• Extensive knowledge of environmental and safety regulations, standards and best practices.
• Proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office and Pronto.
• Must have excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have excellent leadership skills.
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.