Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University . For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org .
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
Health Informatics and Database Advisor
Location : Lusaka
Reports to : Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director
Positions supervised : None
Health Informatics and Database (HID) Advisor will be accountable for FHN’s data management and health informatics needs. Led by the MERL Director and working closely with the Knowledge Management (KM) and Learning Advisor, the HID will establish virtual systems for collecting, aggregating and presenting data to support FHN’s MEL and KM requirements needed to manage and control the project. The HID Advisor will also collaborate with FHN’s Objective 2/Health Systems Lead to provide TA to MOH’s strategic information team to institutionalize a digital and mobile data collection system that can create real-time dashboards used by MOH, RMNCAH&N Program team, and FHN.
- Build and maintain FHN data capture and management systems required by the project team to monitor performance and measure results
- Support FHN’s Objective 2/Health Systems Lead by providing TA to MOH strategic information team to optimize collection, review, and analysis of service quality assessments (SQA), performance assessments (PA), and mentorship visits creating real-time data visualization dash-boards.
- Liaise with USAID implementing partners to avoid duplication in data capture and management systems and define opportunities for collaboration.
- Program digital and mobile data collection platforms for MOH processes such as SQA and PA as well as internal FHN needs including TA recommendations and trip report findings.
- Provide guidance to ensure data capture and management systems balance both information needs, human capital requirements and resources considerations.
- Provide advanced-level Excel, PowerBI and DHIS2 support to FHN staff allowing those staff to create customized dashboards in response to provincial and district health office requests.
- Implement data privacy and data security measures
- MSc degree in computer science or related field
- 8 – 9 years’ work experience in data management, design and use.
- Familiarity writing and using complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries), ETL processes and related best practices
- Demonstrated familiarity with DHIS2, specifically, and other open source information system platforms (OpenMRS) used in low resource settings
- Strong knowledge of RMNCAH&N monitoring and evaluation terminology
- Strong communication skills (writing and oral presentation)
- Ability to translate between the public health and technology sectors
- Up-to-date knowledge of technologies, methodologies and technology standards and an understanding of the constraints and benefits of different technologies
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30 th July, 2021.