Sinohydro Zambia Limited is looking for qualified individuals to fill up the vacant positions to be based in Northern Province and North Western province.
Health and Safety Officer – positions (1)
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety guidelines. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
- Monitor work processes and procedures to identify unsafe practices of breach of safety regulations.
- Conduct equipment inspection to ensure they are correctly installed and operational.
- Facilitate and schedule repairs of unsafe or damaged equipment.
- Organize safety training to educate company staff on necessary safety principles.
- Develop and implement safety, procedures, and policies for production operations.
- Carry out investigations to identify the root cause of an incident or other unsafe conditions on work site.
- Oversee the placement and setup of safety signs to warn of potential hazard.
- Prepare and present to company management periodic report of safety operations.
- Oversee company waste disposal methods to ensure they comply with safe disposal procedures.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agents and investigators to address cases of workplace accident.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Review company operational processes to ensure they are in line with external safety legislations
Experience and Skills required:
- 3-5 years’ work experience as a safety officer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and safety management
- Practicing certificate as a health and safety officer
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) should be sent to the:
Human Resources Manager
Sinohydro Zambia Limited
Email: [email protected] ,
Closing date: 20th March, 2021