Yalelo is seeking a highly analytical, meticulous, and hands-on Health & Safety Manager with extensive experience in offering leadership and direction in relation to organisational health & safety management, managing health & safety legal and regulatory Compliance, and executing health & safety operational excellence. The Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for the execution of Yalelo’s Health & Safety strategy and will drive continuous improvement towards zero harm, implementing initiatives that foster a strong safety culture within the organisation.
The Right-Fit candidate will:
- Lead and take accountability for Health and Safety (H&S) management throughout the organisation.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, and guidance to the H&S teams and line management on all aspects of H&S and international best practice standards associated with H&S as appropriate.
- Ensure that training needs are identified and processed promptly and are undertaken at the appropriate time to raise safety awareness and ensure accountability for health and safety within all levels of the organisation.
- Manage liaison with regulatory authorities and coordination of authority site inspections.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive H&S Risk Management Strategy for Yalelo.
- Take responsibility for the successful implementation of a comprehensive, industry-leading Health and Safety (H&S) Management System in line with international standards of best practice utilising practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices.
- Support H&S teams to ensure the ongoing active use of the SharePoint H&S management system.
- Ensure that resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always covered adequately.
- Manage the capital and expense budget for the organization’s H&S operations, ensuring budgets are properly controlled and managed, to achieve best value for money.
- Assume responsibility for developing a strong culture of H&S within the business.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the H&S management system, policies and procedures and recommend solutions based on the findings of review processes.
Our Health & Safety Manager should have:
- A Tertiary Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- International certifications such as;
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health and Safety
- BSC Technician-IOSH (International Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health)
- Membership with Zambia Occupational Health and Safety Association (ZOHSA)
- At least 10 Years of experience in the H&S field
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in a senior managerial H&S role
- An excellent H&S track record with maintenance and continuous improvement of safety, health, and environment
- Extensive experience conducting site inspections and H&S audits
- In depth knowledge of H&S management systems, procedures, processes and policies
- Excellent working knowledge of all Zambian H&S legislation and regulations pertaining health, safety and environment
- Familiarity with international standards of best practice relating to H&S including but not limited IFC performance standards, World Bank EHS guidelines.
- Safety Planning & Program Management
- Familiarity with KPIs, metrics, lagging/leading indicator
- Familiarity with safety management systems including BS OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001
- Safety management in aquaculture environment is a strong advantage
This is a full-time position and the successful candidate must be available to work weekdays and weekends.
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today !!!
PLEASE NOTE : Yalelo does not require any fees nor do we use any agents in our recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .