- Follow health safety and environment culture by education and practicing in and out of the department.
- Prepare and drive the implementation of annual quality control plan for the plant.
- Conversant with raw mix design with available raw materials from time to time.
- Ensure that production quality control processes are implemented in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise laboratory operations to ensure precision in the sample testing process for raw materials, intermediate products, final products, oil/gas, water, coal and appropriate equipment calibration is used in the QC Laboratory.
- Ensure all set product quality targets are met and deviations from target quality standards are promptly identified and rectified.
- Day to day coordination with mines department to oversee quality of raw materials to meet process requirements in achieving quality products.
- Liaise with customer depts., with regards to the quality control parameters for semi-finished (Raw mill and klincker) and final products.
- Ensure final product meets local/international standards stipulated by statutory agency.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out on laboratory equipment and effective housekeeping is conducted in the laboratories.
- Prepare any calibration schedule and ensure calibration is carried out on laboratory equipment as scheduled.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership and strategic direction to the country plant QA/QC team.
Provide periodic reports on the activities and performance of the plant QA/QC function for attention of the Plant Director.
- Full Grade twelve certificate, or its equivalent .
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of eight to 10 years in quality control activities with Robolab/QCX operations in the cement or mining industry.
- Full professional level knowledge of management, department level accounting and budgeting, cost control principles, fleet control policies and procedures. Thorough knowledge of supervisory techniques and basic counseling/ disciplinary practices. Skill in dealing with the public, subordinate supervisors and employees from a responsible management perspective. Ability to develop a successful leadership style to establish and achieve exceptional organization performance and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, the Plant Director, fellow department heads, subordinate supervisors, employees, and the general public. Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive and technical reports and data. Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms Articulate communicator.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com .