Alistair Group is seeking a strong Leader within our Clearing division. We are looking for a people leader as well as a problem solver and strategist to run this service line and grow it’s profitability.
Are you someone who likes to mentor and develop people? Do you want to do things differently?
If this sounds like you, please have a look at the description below, we’d love to hear from you about your experiences and how you brought innovation, growth to a business
Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
Role could be based our of – Dar Es Salaam (TZ), Solwezi (ZAM), or Durban (SA)
- Ultimately accountable for the effectiveness of both the clearing function and the forwarding function across the group.
- Responsible for the efficient management of:
- The in-house clearing and forwarding team.
- The Port and border liaison team in the field.
- The vetting and ongoing performance management of subcontractors (clearing agents, air and sea carriers, local distribution road transporters).
- Responsible for providing technical and commercial input to the Technology team in developing customs entry (clearing) systems and air and sea freight cargo management (forwarding) systems.
- Responsible for defining new F+C processes, gaining approval for them (via ISO9000 when appropriate), leading their implementation, and then driving conformance to agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Providing a single point of contact between the F+C team and the Road Freight team during times of stress in the supply chain.
- Actively driving Alistair Group’s Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality vision and values.
To be successful in this role you would have:-
- Post Graduate Education in business management or a similar field of study.
- This is a fast-moving and volatile environment, and a cool head is a distinct advantage.
- IT Literate, specifically on all MS Office applications and data management systems.
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent customer management skills
- Strong initiative and problem-solving techniques
- Strong leadership and influencing Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
To apply for this job please visit www.alistairgroup.com .