Ensure safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant mechanical equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a maintenance strategy to accomplish the overall objectives of the organisation.
- Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Initiate, implement and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the cement industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Ensure that maintenance engineers and technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated to ensure that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimise unplanned downtime anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing plant facilities and equipment; replacement and adjustments to plant facilities where necessary.
- Ensure cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures and manpower and initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Track, analyse and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilisation, maintenance cost, schedule compliance, etc.
- Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance engineers and technicians.
- Coordinate activities and communicate with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Establish and maintain a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Enforce standards and safe work procedures for the plant and ensure regulations relating to the mechanical maintenance department are met at all times.
- Provide training, development and leadership to plant maintenance personnel.
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the mechanical department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of Twenty (20) years experience in repairs and maintenance of cement manufacturing equipment.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of cement plant maintenance and cement manufacturing process.
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability and strong management skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: