Jobs at:Legacy Hilltop Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
05 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Legacy Hilltop Africa Limited is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Head Chef. The property is comprised of 58 guest accommodations and 2 Presidential Suites. All the Guest rooms and Suites are of the highest quality, with an Ensuite bathroom including tub and walk-in Guest shower, individual air conditioning, and private balconies, many with sweeping views from the Hilltop.
The Head Chef will be responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation for the restaurant, banquets, and other food facilities, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Train and develop the culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
• Provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the Kitchen
• Actively involved in the Menu planning and development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operations.
• Determines how food should be presented and create decorative food displays
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavour.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Ensures all equipment in the Kitchen is properly maintained according to the health department and Lodge standard.
• Coordinates with the purchasing department for the acquisition of the needed goods and services.
• Ensures all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental quality standards.
• Ensures proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staff.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation, and service levels.
• Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Maintains quality levels of receiving, storage, production, and presentation of food.
• Frequently reviews finished products for quality and presentation before orders are sent to the Guests.
• Diploma in Food Production/Hotel Management. A degree will be an added advantage
• 2 years experience in a similar role
• Excellent written and verbal communication
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should be sent to: [email protected] .