The Zambia Institute of Mass Communications (ZAMCOM) was established under the ZAMCOM Act of Parliament of 1996 to provide Communications and Media training and production services. ZAMCOM has been undergoing a Corporate renewal and is currently implementing a new strategic plan aiming at positioning the organization to become financially viable and Independent.
As part of its transformation process, ZAMCOM is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following position;
HEAD CHEF – 01
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Supervisor
Overseeing the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals in the Kitchen and supervision of Staff in the general production of food.
- Supervise the preparation of all food and ensure that food is prepared according to food preparation requirements.
- Ability to observe very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene and ensure all kitchen Staff maintain these standards.
- Responsible for creating menus and determining the food inventory needs.
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required.
- Ensure meals are prepared on time and in sufficient quantities.
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods and ensure that proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss.
- Ensure a safe working environment for the kitchen staff at all times.
- Ensure kitchen equipment is in good working order and that kitchen staff are able to operate it efficiently.
- Design and present menus which are to be approved by the Lodge Manager
- To ensure work safety by ensuring that you adhere to all site regulations regarding safety, health and the environment.
- To be pro –active in all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork within the section
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Degree in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Minimum Three (3) years experience
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills
- Must know how to use the cooking range, ovens and other modern kitchen equipment.
- Able to interact with personnel from other sections
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations.
- Creative with food production & presentation
- Experience managing?a?diverse?team and?strong?willingness to build?capacity of local staff
- Knowledge of food costing & control principles
- Knowledge of computer, using office software such as Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong?verbal and?written communication skills
- Knowledge of a variety of cuisine
All applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Zambia Institute of Mass Communications Educational Trust
Plot 3529 Government Road
P.O Box 50386 RW
Or send via email to: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED